Bright ideas. Brilliant Solutions.
STG Aerospace is trusted by the Aerospace industry for emergency exit marking and cabin lighting solutions. Established in 1995, we have a strong heritage in the design, manufacture and certification of system solutions. Our lighting solutions are line-fit for most aircraft manufacturers (including Airbus, Boeing & Embraer) and are operating on over 12,000 aircraft with some 300 airlines worldwide.
Globally we are a growing SME, with our head office in Cwmbran, South Wales and an additional manufacturing facility in Miami, Florida.
As a specialist aerospace manufacturer, we push the limits of design and problem solving, through international collaboration, trusted technical experience and a shared sense of purpose. At STG Aerospace YOU are how we excel. That’s The STG Way.
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary and performance related bonus
- 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
- Working Hours (unless specified) are 37.5 hours per week and Fridays 1pm close
- Group Life Cover
- Employee Assistance Programme
Main Duties and Responsibilities
New Product Development
- Develops Requirements and the System Architectural solutions to Customer Needs, Regulatory Requirements and STG Aerospace strategies in order to support New Product designs.
- Supports the Lead Electronics Design Engineer in the System solution design and documentations requirements
- Identifies and develops all required supporting documentation during the development of the solution in accordance with defined Engineering procedures
- Supports the project planning and definition of work packages in order to ensure that the project objectives are delivered on Time, On Cost and on Quality
- Supports all relevant Integration and Qualification Activities in ensuring the assigned design element works as part of the broader electronic system
- Contributes to component selection and definition in the STG Aerospace development tools
- Supports and directs the Test Engineering team to resolve, production test issues, Engineering on site design Electrical and Photometric validation testing
- Develops Complex Electronic designs and software solutions in compliance with defined requirements and system architectures and resolves architectural or implementation problems as they arise
- Acts as a Mentor to less experienced Electronic Engineers in developing their experience and skills in relevant subject areas
- Follows Design & Development Processes and Procedures and completes all relevant checklists during the development of product solutions
- Drives the improvement of the engineering function as well as the wider business including the development of new procedures and artefacts when required
- Follows configuration management processes and identifies solutions where product or process falls short of such requirements
- A strong understanding of AC-DC and DC/DC Power Conversion Topologies for Aircraft power systems (28VDC & 115VAC 360-800Hz)
- A strong understanding of Passive Filter Design for power supplies
- A strong understanding in the Specification or Design of Magnetic Components (Inductors, Chokes, Transformers etc.) for use in power supplies ranging from power of 1W to 250W
- A good understanding of electronic design tools. (LTSpice, SiMetrix)
- A good understanding of design for both Conducted and Radiated EMI (Experience with RTCA DO160, ABD0100, D6-XXXXX would be favourable)
- Comfortable working with High Voltage (400VDC)
- Degree qualified in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or a minimum 5 years demonstrable experience in the electronics industry
- Ability to produce documentation in support of the technical solution
- Good Soldering Skills (Both SMT and Through Hole)
- Extensive experience of operating in a New Product development engineering environment, with responsibilities for delivery of design solutions to schedule and quality against defined requirements
- An understanding of the complete Engineering Development Lifecycle from requirements definition to volume manufacturing
- A detailed knowledge of Health & Safety compliance
- English GCSE (min Grade C) or equivalent
- Intermediate level user of MS Excel, Word and Outlook
- Strong numerical and verbal ability
- Experience of design for the cabin interior aerospace environment and regulated environments, particularly LED lighting
- Comfortable producing electronic schematics and transferring it to a PCB Layout (Altium)
- Some Experience with Digital Electronics would be advantageous
- Knowledge of AS9100 compliance and operating environment
- Excellent understanding of Design for Manufacture (DfM) and Design for Test (DfT) techniques
- Flexibility in dealing with changing priorities
Everything we do, we do with our people in mind. We raise funds for our charity partner Orbis, have wellbeing champions across the business and recognition awards to celebrate those that live our values, The STG Way. We are STG Aerospace. Join us!
Please provide your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date is 30th September 2021: please quote job reference AHEDE-S.
We are always interested in hearing from world class talent to join us in us in the next stage of our growth. If you have a real passion for the passenger experience and want to be part of a global success story in aviation we’re ready to light the way for your success!
Send your CV to email@example.com
Due to the large number of applications we receive, unfortunately we are unable to respond by email or telephone to candidates on the progress of their application. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of submitting your CV, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.