Bright ideas. Brilliant Solutions.
STG Aerospace is trusted by the Aerospace industry for emergency exit marking and cabin lighting solutions. Established in 1995, we have a strong heritage in the design, manufacture and certification of system solutions. Our lighting solutions are line-fit for most aircraft manufacturers (including Airbus, Boeing & Embraer) and are operating on over 10,000 aircraft with some 300 airlines worldwide.
Globally we are a growing SME, with our head office in Cwmbran, South Wales and an additional manufacturing facility in Miami, Florida.
As a specialist aerospace manufacturer, we push the limits of design and problem solving, through international collaboration, trusted technical experience and a shared sense of purpose. At STG Aerospace YOU are how we excel. That’s The STG Way.
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary
- Performance related bonus
- 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
- Working Hours (unless specified) are 37.5 hours per week and Fridays 1pm close
- This role is open to flexible/hybrid working
- Pension Scheme
- Group Life Cover
- Employee Assistance Programme
The Buyer is responsible for coordinating activities involved with procuring goods and services throughout the organisation and therefore includes a wide range of duties and interactions between internal customers, departments, and suppliers. The successful candidate will possess good communication & interpersonal skills. They will be a team player who is able to liaise with others & build relationships. Good planning & organisational skills are key, with the ability to work to deadlines, multi-task and work under pressure. One of a team of 2 buyers, this role will support the CLS Business Unit with the procurement of electrical and electronics components for development, project and production requirements.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing and maintaining sustainable, long-term relationships with suppliers
- Placing and scheduling of purchase orders using Sage MRP recommendations to meet the needs of the business and within agreed process (incl. AS9100)
- Provision of purchasing support to projects – supporting Programme Manager to meet agreed objectives
- Managing suppliers to achieve on time delivery and resolving any leadtime issues to minimize disruption to Production
- Resolution of invoice queries to ensure payments can be made in timely manner
- Undertake regular performance evaluation of critical suppliers
- Responsible for obtaining quotes and information from suppliers (RFQs and RFIs)
- Responsibility for the implementation of the obsolescence management procedure
- New supplier identification, review and on-boarding in conjunction with QA and Engineering to support business growth strategy
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities within Supply Chain and support their implementation when appropriate
- Responsibility for monthly reporting to the SCM in order to maintain department and company objectives
- Support the management of agreed stocking levels and control the cost efficiency of inward freight
- Responsibility for a range of suppliers, both UK and off-shore
- MRP buying experience
- MS Office – confident in use of Excel, Word and Outlook
- Be able to effectively communicate with co-workers, suppliers and sub-contractors in a professional manner both written and verbally
- Be able to multitask and work well under pressure
- Be able to effectively problem solve
- Have great organizational skills
- Be self-driven and motivated
- Be able to maintain business relationships and be open to feedback.
- Experience of contract manufacturing, electrical/electronic components or NPI supply chain management
- Sage 200 ERP experience.
What will help you succeed?
- Be driven by excellence & attention to detail
- Be energetic & creative
- Demonstrate a 'Can do' attitude
- Self-motivated and work well under pressure to meet deadlines
- Be flexible and work as part of a team.
Everything we do, we do with our people in mind. We raise funds for our charity partner Orbis, have wellbeing champions across the business and recognition awards to celebrate those that live our values, The STG Way. We are STG Aerospace. Join us!
Please provide your CV to email@example.com.
We are always interested in hearing from world class talent to join us in us in the next stage of our growth. If you have a real passion for the passenger experience and want to be part of a global success story in aviation we’re ready to light the way for your success!
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the large number of applications we receive, unfortunately we are unable to respond by email or telephone to candidates on the progress of their application. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of submitting your CV, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.