Accountable to the Business Unit Director - Electrical, the Configuration Engineer will drive configuration management across all STG Aerospace products. This role includes all aspects of Configuration Management, continuously improving the infrastructure, processes and training required to deliver an effective Configuration Management capability.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads the planning and implementation of configuration management principles, business rules, processes and procedures including leading change meetings.
- Disseminates engineering design definitions in terms of part numbers, quantities and bills of material, determined by their individual physical and functional characteristics.
- Performs review of proposed product definition changes to assure configuration integrity in support of the design technical approval process.
- Defines improvements to the existing Configuration Management System that includes Management & Planning, Configuration Identification, Configuration Control, Status Accounting and Configuration Verification & Audit.
- Ensures Configuration Management Expertise is applied to all products in-line with programmes objectives. Ensure consistency of the design content between the different products.
- Promotes Configuration Management Requirements, benefits and activities to ensure comprehensive and coherent configuration management across the business.
- Degree qualified (or equivalent work experience) in a technical subject, preferably relating to product development and/or manufacturing.
- Extensive experience of operating and/or leading Configuration Management in a -- New Product development engineering environment.
- Experienced in Configuration Management, with comprehensive understanding of all the principles of Configuration Management.
- An understanding of the complete Engineering Development Lifecycle from requirements definition to volume manufacturing.
- Structured, well organised and self-motivated with good interpersonal skills
- IT literate with the ability to use MS Excel, Word and Outlook proficiently.
- Good technical writing skills with attention to detail and thoroughness.
- Experience of working in medium-large manufacturing sector.
- Operational understanding of the configuration management systems within the Altium and Solidworks development environments.
- Knowledge of ISO compliance and operating environment.
- Experience of process development, promotion and delivery.
- Ability to work on multiple products and business units in parallel.
- Communication: to be able to lead, influence and communicate with confidence and authority all internal and external stakeholders.
- Relationship building: to develop strong collaborative relations with team members across all departments.
- Team working: to be able to promote Configuration Management, supporting and delegating where necessary, in achieving the company’s priorities and goals.
- Time management: to be able to effectively prioritise and delegate to achieve goals.
- Thoroughness: to ensure own and others' work and information are complete and accurate; following up with others to ensure that commitments have been fulfilled.
- Analytical thinking: to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
If you want to be part of a fast paced, multi-disciplinary team focused on developing quality products with an innovative edge then please send your CV and cover letter highlighting your relevant skills to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote job reference PM0120. Closing date is 10th February 2020.
We are always interested in hearing from world class talent to join us in us in the next stage of our growth. If you have a real passion for the passenger experience and want to be part of a global success story in aviation we’re ready to light the way for your success!
Send your CV to email@example.com
Due to the large number of applications we receive, unfortunately we are unable to respond by email or telephone to candidates on the progress of their application. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of submitting your CV, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.