Bright ideas. Brilliant Solutions.
STG Aerospace is trusted by the Aerospace industry for emergency exit marking and cabin lighting solutions. Established in 1995, we have a strong heritage in the design, manufacture and certification of system solutions. Our lighting solutions are line-fit for most aircraft manufacturers (including Airbus, Boeing & Embraer) and are operating on over 12,000 aircraft with some 300 airlines worldwide.
Globally we are a growing SME, with our head office in Cwmbran, South Wales and an additional manufacturing facility in Miami, Florida.
As a specialist aerospace manufacturer, we push the limits of design and problem solving, through international collaboration, trusted technical experience and a shared sense of purpose. At STG Aerospace YOU are how we excel. That’s The STG Way.
We are seeking a Configuration Technician to administer the Configuration Management System across all our products. This role includes all aspects of Configuration Management from maintaining parts database to configuration auditing. This exciting role encompasses a range of activities:
- Works with the Senior V&V engineer to plan and implement configuration management principles, business rules, processes and procedures including leading change meetings as defined in STG Working Procedures.
- Assist the sales team with aircraft installation kit definition and configuration.
- Manage the configuration item register(s) and its input into the STG MRP system.
- Dissemination engineering design definitions in terms of part numbers, quantities and bills of material, determined by their individual physical and functional characteristics.
- Performs review of proposed product changes to assure configuration integrity in support of the approval process.
- Supports Supply Chain and Warehouse teams with the creation and management of components and parts.
- Performs configuration status audits.
- Identifies areas of improvement to the existing Configuration Management System that includes Management & Planning, Configuration Identification, Configuration Control, Status Accounting and Configuration Verification & Audit.
- English and Mathematics GCSE grades A-C (or equivalent) required.
- Experienced in Configuration Management, with an understanding of all the principles of Configuration Management.
- Previous experience in engineering and/or product development environments.
- An understanding of the Engineering Development Lifecycle.
- Ability to chair multi-disciplined meeting.
- Experience in administration and use of MRP systems.
- IT literate with the ability to use MS Excel, Word and Outlook proficiently.
- Good technical writing skills with attention to detail and thoroughness.
- Structured, well organised and self-motivated with good interpersonal skills.
- Worked within a regulated environment (i.e. Aerospace, Automotive, Defence or Medical).
- Ability to work on multiple products and business unit in parallel.
- Communication: to be able to lead, influence and communicate with confidence and authority all internal and external stakeholders.
- Relationship building: to develop strong collaborative relations with team members across all departments.
- Team working: to be able to promote Configuration Management, supporting and delegating where necessary, in achieving the company’s priorities and goals.
- Time management: to be able to effectively prioritise and delegate to achieve goals.
- Thoroughness: to ensure own and others' work and information are complete and accurate; following up with others to ensure that commitments have been fulfilled.
- Analytical thinking: to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary
- Performance related bonus
- 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
- Working Hours (unless specified) are 37.5 hours per week and Fridays 1pm close
- Pension Scheme
- Group Life Cover
- Employee Assistance Programme
Everything we do, we do with our people in mind. We raise funds for our charity partner Orbis, have wellbeing champions across the business and recognition awards to celebrate those that live our values, The STG Way. We are STG Aerospace. Join us!
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date is 30th September 2021. Please quote job reference CT-S.
We are always interested in hearing from world class talent to join us in us in the next stage of our growth. If you have a real passion for the passenger experience and want to be part of a global success story in aviation we’re ready to light the way for your success!
Send your CV to email@example.com
Due to the large number of applications we receive, unfortunately we are unable to respond by email or telephone to candidates on the progress of their application. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of submitting your CV, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.