Bright ideas. Brilliant Solutions.
STG Aerospace is trusted by the Aerospace industry for emergency exit marking and cabin lighting solutions. Established in 1995, we have a strong heritage in the design, manufacture and certification of system solutions. Our lighting solutions are line-fit for most aircraft manufacturers (including Airbus, Boeing & Embraer) and are operating on over 10,000 aircraft with some 300 airlines worldwide.
Globally we are a growing SME, with our head office in Cwmbran, South Wales and an additional manufacturing facility in Miami, Florida.
As a specialist aerospace manufacturer, we push the limits of design and problem solving, through international collaboration, trusted technical experience and a shared sense of purpose. At STG Aerospace YOU are how we excel. That’s The STG Way.
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary
- Performance related bonus
- 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
- Working Hours (unless specified) are 37.5 hours per week and Fridays 1pm close
- This role is open to flexible/hybrid working
- Pension Scheme
- Group Life Cover
- Employee Assistance Programme
Reporting to: Lead Electronics Design Engineer
Provides Embedded Software solutions to support the Hardware and systems requirements. Gives Technical expertise, guidance & support to the Electrical & Electronic System design, Hardware, Photometric solution
Accountable to the Electronics Design Engineer, the Embedded Electronics Engineer will provide technical expertise to the design and development function & consultation to the rest of the Engineering Team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
New Product Development
Deliver Embedded Firmware and hardware related deliverables including (but not limited to): software code, hardware prototype, test results and technical reports.
Develops Requirements and the System software to meet Customer Needs, Regulatory Requirements and STG Aerospace strategies to support New Product designs.
Design and develop new products as required and to see them through to completion
Identifies and develops all required supporting documentation during the development of the solution in accordance with defined Engineering procedures
Identifying problems, resolving issues, and defining or delegating the development of solutions to resolve verification requirements for electronic products, generating documentation when required.
Design and develop enhancements to the existing product range
Produce and maintain technical documentation as required, in line with the design process.
Ensure products meet requirement with a strong focus on design to cost and manufacture
Follows Design & Development Processes and Procedures and completes all relevant checklists during the development of verification solutions.
Identifies opportunities for the improvement of the engineering function as well as the wider business including the development of new procedures and artefacts when required.
Follows configuration management processes and identifies solutions where product or process falls short of such requirements.
- Degree qualified in a relevant technical subject (electronics, software, systems engineering)
- Extensive Experience of operating in a New Product development engineering environment, with responsibilities for delivery of embedded electronics designs to schedule and quality against defined requirements, preferably in a regulated environment
- Experience of developing hardware and firmware for embedded applications
- Writing embedded applications in C and/or C++
- Building and debugging electronic systems in terms of both hardware and firmware
- Development using PIC microcontrollers, particularly PIC and PIC32 devices and the Microchip Harmony Framework
- Development for CAN and RS485 databus applications
- Digital signal processing techniques such a filtering, peak detection, and Fourier transforms
- Broad knowledge of engineering principles including mathematics
- Full design lifecycle experience - concept to manufacture/new product introduction
- Extensive experience with common electronics lab equipment, including protocol/logic analysers, oscilloscopes, etc.
- Extensive experience with board/platform-level debug, including clock/power delivery, sequencing, analysis, and optimization
- Strong numerical and verbal ability
- Strong writing skills with demonstrated experience in writing clear and concise technical reports
- Experience of airborne embedded electronics applications
- Experience of designing against DO-160, DO-178, DO-254, ABD0100 and/or D6 requirements
- Exposure to a higher-level language for prototype development (Python, C++, MATLAB or similar)
- Experience in Software quality assurance and configuration documentation
- Knowledge of AS9100 compliance and operating environment
- Flexibility in dealing with changing priorities
- Communication: to be able to liaise and influence direction with a range of third parties including customers and suppliers with confidence and communicate clearly and with confidence to internal team members and other functional stakeholders.
- The ability to communicate technical Software concepts to non-technical stake holder.
- Relationship building: to develop strong collaborative relations with staff and third parties
- Team working: to be able to support other team members, delegate tasks where appropriate and take instruction in achieving the company’s goals
- Time management: to be able to effectively prioritise and delegate to achieve goals
- Thoroughness: to ensure own and others' work and information are complete and accurate; following up with others to ensure that commitments have been fulfilled
- Analytical thinking: to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach
What will help you succeed?
- Be driven by excellence & attention to detail
- Be energetic & creative
- Demonstrate a 'Can do' attitude
- Demonstrate analytical thinking
- Self-motivated and work well under pressure to meet deadlines
- Be flexible and work as part of a team.
Everything we do, we do with our people in mind. We raise funds for our charity partner Orbis, have wellbeing champions across the business and recognition awards to celebrate those that live our values, The STG Way. We are STG Aerospace. Join us!
We are passionately committed to being a truly inclusive and diverse company. We continue to enhance our culture of inclusion and diversity across all of our roles and actively encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities.
Please provide your CV to email@example.com. Closing date is 31st May 2022: please quote job reference ST0522.
We are always interested in hearing from world class talent to join us in us in the next stage of our growth. If you have a real passion for the passenger experience and want to be part of a global success story in aviation we’re ready to light the way for your success!
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the large number of applications we receive, unfortunately we are unable to respond by email or telephone to candidates on the progress of their application. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of submitting your CV, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.