Main Duties and Responsibilities
- New Product Development
- Develops the Engineering Management Plan defining all the resources required to deliver a product against agreed Cost, Time and Performance parameters
- Leads the project planning and definition of engineering work packages in order to ensure that the project objectives are delivered on Time, On Cost and on Quality.
- Supports the development engineers in resolving technical issues throughout the product development lifecycle.
- Supports the Project Manager in resolving logistical issues throughout the product development lifecycle
- Accountable for ensuring that all technical activities remain on target against defined work packages
- Supports the Head of Engineering in resolving structural, procedural or operational departmental issues
- Arranges Design reviews at appropriate times during the product development lifecycle
- Follows Design & Development Processes and Procedures and completes all relevant checklists during the development of product solutions
- Identifies and leads opportunities for the improvement of the engineering function as well as the wider business including the development of new procedures and artefacts when required
- Follows configuration management processes and identifies solutions where product or process falls short of such requirements
- Degree qualified in a relevant technical subject or equivalent
- Extensive experience of operating in a New Product development engineering environment, with responsibilities for delivery of design solutions to schedule and quality against defined requirements.
- Strong understanding of Requirements Management Techniques
- Strong understanding of Product Integration Planning and delivery.
- An understanding of the complete Engineering Development Lifecycle from Requirements definition to Volume manufacturing
- An understanding of Health & Safety compliance
- English GCSE or equivalent (min Grade C)
- Intermediate level user of MS Excel, Word and Outlook
- Strong numerical and verbal ability
- Experience of design for the cabin interior aerospace environment and regulated environments, particularly LED lighting
- Knowledge of AS9100 compliance and operating environment
- Flexibility in dealing with changing priorities
Communication: to be able to liaise and influence direction with a range of third parties including customers and suppliers with confidence and communicate clearly and with confidence to internal team members and other functional stakeholders.
Relationship building: to develop strong collaborative relations with staff and third parties
Team working: to be able to support other team members, delegate tasks where appropriate and take instruction in achieving the company’s goals
Time management: to be able to effectively prioritise and delegate to achieve goals
Thoroughness: to ensure own and others' work and information are complete and accurate; following up with others to ensure that commitments have been fulfilled
Analytical thinking: to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach
We are always interested in hearing from world class talent to join us in us in the next stage of our growth. If you have a real passion for the passenger experience and want to be part of a global success story in aviation we’re ready to light the way for your success!
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the large number of applications we receive, unfortunately we are unable to respond by email or telephone to candidates on the progress of their application. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of submitting your CV, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.