Bright ideas. Brilliant Solutions.
STG Aerospace is trusted by the Aerospace industry for emergency exit marking and cabin lighting solutions. Established in 1995, we have a strong heritage in the design, manufacture and certification of system solutions. Our lighting solutions are line-fit for most aircraft manufacturers (including Airbus, Boeing & Embraer) and are operating on over 10,000 aircraft with some 300 airlines worldwide. Globally we are a growing SME, with our head office in Cwmbran, South Wales and an additional manufacturing facility in Miami, Florida.
As a specialist aerospace manufacturer, we push the limits of design and problem solving, through international collaboration, trusted technical experience and a shared sense of purpose. At STG Aerospace YOU are how we excel. That’s The STG Way.
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary
- Performance related bonus
- 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
- Working Hours (unless specified) are 37.5 hours per week and Fridays 1pm close
- This role is open to flexible/hybrid working
- Pension Scheme
- Group Life Cover
- Employee Assistance Programme
This is an exciting and prominent new role for us at the start of our ESG journey. This role will have responsibility for pro-actively developing our ESG commitments and deliverables, to reflect this strategic imperative. As we are a SME, key to this role is being a self-starter with the passion and tenacity to drive ESG forward with stakeholders that may have conflicting priorities, requiring good planning and organisational skills, together with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Take ownership of the development and delivery of our ESG strategy, working with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Lead the business preparations for readiness for 3rd party auditing of our ESG progress, such as Responsible Business Tracking and implementation of a relevant standard, including responsibility for the materiality analysis
- Drive the business in its commitment to reducing our carbon footprint and product sustainability
- Responsible for completing life cycle analysis of our products, (from materials assessments through to product management at end of life)
- Support our Social and Governance work-streams, including a passion to engage with our community to develop relationships for mutual communal benefit
- Develop our ESG KPIs and review of performance against targets, and collate and report on our ESG and sustainability progress and metrics (requiring written and verbal competences)
- Develop relations with external stakeholders, including monthly meetings with our third party ESG partner
- Liaise with our Marketing department to communicate, internally and externally, our ESG initiatives
- Deliver ESG awareness and understanding across the business through development and delivery of engaging training materials.
- Previous experience of leading ESG within a manufacturing or engineering organisation, including implementation of ISO14001, with the ability to operate both as a thought leader and ‘hands on’
- A good understanding of Environmental, Social and Governance related standards and frameworks
- Knowledge of Scope 1, 2 and 3 carbon footprint emissions
- Understanding of corporate sustainability reporting regulations
- Familiar with corporate net-zero programmes and net-zero strategy
- The ability to take a logical and measured approach to complex issues
- Technical and administrative project management skills, with ability to coordinate projects involving a variety of stakeholders.
- A sustainability-related certification or university degree in environmental sciences, or other sustainability-related disciplines
- Aerospace industry experience
- Knowledge of ISO 50001, ISO 14064 , ISO 14067, PAS 2050 & SBTi.
What will help you succeed?
- The ability to communicate confidently and concisely to all levels within the business and with external stakeholders
- Be driven by excellence & attention to detail
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Be energetic & creative
- Self-motivated self-starter
- Work well under pressure to meet deadlines
- Be flexible and work as part of a team.
Everything we do, we do with our people in mind. We raise funds for our charity partner Orbis, have wellbeing champions across the business and recognition awards to celebrate those that live our values, The STG Way. We are STG Aerospace. Join us!
We are always interested in hearing from world class talent to join us in us in the next stage of our growth. If you have a real passion for the passenger experience and want to be part of a global success story in aviation we’re ready to light the way for your success!
Send your CV to email@example.com
Due to the large number of applications we receive, unfortunately we are unable to respond by email or telephone to candidates on the progress of their application. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of submitting your CV, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.