As part of the Innovation team, we’ll ask you to focus on exciting research and development activities. This role will help to shape the future of product development supplementing the Team’s Mechanical and Chemical Engineering functions.
Key areas you could be investigating include;
- Polymer materials selection and processing techniques. You will be questioning what materials are best in a variety of functions and how we can form them into new and inventive products. A strong knowledge of extrusion and injection moulding processes is vital.
- Printing and coating of resins and links. Using our advanced range of specially formulated photoluminescent materials you will be exploring new ways of integrating this unique technology into products.
- Laboratory research, testing and reporting. You will be encouraged to experiment freely with materials and processes, in a laboratory environment, to both improve existing designs through DFM and develop new processes.
Eager to learn more?
This position will be extremely varied with many aspects to the role. Our Research & Development team members often influence all aspects of a product. This covers all areas from input for the business case, project management, research or design & development activities and environmental testing. This gives you the opportunity to influence not only the product’s engineering but the complete development cycle from initial client liaison, concepts, product engineering, DFM to after sales and marketing support.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to gain a broad range of experience within an engineering role as part of a dynamic environment.
The role will be based in the Innovation & Engineering Centre, located in Cwmbran, South Wales. This is easily commutable from Cardiff and Newport with some members of the team also traveling from Bristol. Use of a car is essential due to location.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Research on new materials and technologies
- Design and material selection for new products
- New material formulation
- New manufacture process investigation
- New Product Development
- Liaison with suppliers (materials, extrusion, injection moulding)
- Following New Product Introduction procedures and best practices
- Test plan preparation and reporting
- Promoting an environment of continuous improvement
- Degree qualified in relevant technical competency or equivalent experience in the appropriate field (recommended degree/experience fields include Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, Manufacturing and Production Engineering).
- Knowledge of materials (polymers, thermoplastics, printing and coating resins, adhesives)
- Knowledge of extrusion and injection moulding techniques
- Ability to liaise with customers and suppliers on a technical level
- Experience of working to tight timescales, to meet key exacting deadlines
- Flexibility in dealing with changing priorities and to work under pressure
- Strong numerical and verbal ability
- Requiring limited supervision with good personal time management
- Experience of operating in an engineering or scientific environment
- Good understanding of design for service life requirements
- Use of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Understanding of Health & Safety compliance
If you want to be part of a fast paced, multi-disciplinary team focussed on developing quality products with an innovative edge then please send your CV, and cover letter clearly identifying your relevant skills to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote job reference Research & Development Scienctist/Engineer
We are always interested in hearing from world class talent to join us in us in the next stage of our growth. If you have a real passion for the passenger experience and want to be part of a global success story in aviation we’re ready to light the way for your success!
Send your CV to email@example.com
Due to the large number of applications we receive, unfortunately we are unable to respond by email or telephone to candidates on the progress of their application. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of submitting your CV, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.