As part of the Innovation team your work will be focused around Research and Development tasks. You will be working to support the complete design and development cycle for new products as well as ongoing maintenance and upgrade (CPD) of existing designs.
STG Aerospace is an open and creative company, constantly exploring new and innovative design approaches; both from a technology and design process point of view.
Day in the life
This role will be extremely varied with no two days being the same. Potential tasks you could be assigned to include:
- Creating new and updating existing technical drawings for photoluminescent products using AutoCAD and Illustrator.
- Working on CAD (Solidworks) models for an ongoing development project; working with top Aerospace companies.
- Supporting the team to communicate new ideas both internally and externally using Adobe Creative Suite and Powerpoint.
- Brainstorming new product features and unique selling points.
- Meeting with Production to support on-going design for manufacturin (DFM).
STG’s Design Engineers often have complete ownership of the design and development of a project. This covers all areas; giving you the opportunity to influence not only the product’s design but the complete design pack from initial client liaison, concepts, product engineering, DFM, to after sales and marketing support.
Main Duties and Responsibilities include:
New Product Development
- Supports the definition and delivery of competitive, validated designs and technical solutions that satisfy the project goal against the defined requirements whilst balancing creativity
- Works to ensure all project deliverables meet their quality, design budget and delivery targets
- Follows configuration management processes and identifies solutions where product or process falls short of such requirements
- Follow New Product Introduction procedures and best practices
- Promotes an environment of continuous improvement
- Provides the manufacturing process timely support as and when required
- Experience operating in a design led role, with responsibilities for delivery to schedule and quality
- CAD experience – preferably Solidworks and AutoCAD trained
- Adobe Creative Suite experience with a high level of competency using Illustrator
- Degree qualified in relevant technical competency or equivalent experience in appropriate field
- Experience of working to tight timescales, to meet key exacting deadlines
- Flexibility in dealing with changing priorities and to work under pressure
- Strong numerical and verbal ability
- Experience in design for regulated environments with Aerospace exposure/awareness
- Requiring limited supervision with good personal time management
- Good understanding of design for service life requirements
- Use of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Communication: to be able to liaise with a range of third parties including customers and suppliers with confidence
- Relationship building: to develop strong collaborative relations with staff and third parties. Strong team working skills to be able to support other team members in achieving the company’s goals
- Time management: to be able to effectively prioritise to achieve goals
- Thoroughness: to ensure own work and information are complete and accurate; following up with others to ensure that commitments have been fulfilled
- Analytical thinking: to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach
- Readiness to learn: Willing to learn new skills quickly to complete tasks as they arise
The role will be based in the Innovation & Engineering Centre, located in Cwmbran, South Wales. This is easily commutable from Cardiff and Bristol. Use of a car is essential due to location although some home working is possible.
If you want to be part of a fast paced, multi-disciplinary team focussed on developing quality products with an innovative edge then please provide your CV, cover letter and a single project from your portfolio that you feel best shows your relevant skills to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date is 19th March 2021: please quote job reference SOK2021.
We are always interested in hearing from world class talent to join us in us in the next stage of our growth. If you have a real passion for the passenger experience and want to be part of a global success story in aviation we’re ready to light the way for your success!
Send your CV to email@example.com
Due to the large number of applications we receive, unfortunately we are unable to respond by email or telephone to candidates on the progress of their application. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of submitting your CV, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.