To design and develop Electronic and Software solutions
Main Duties and Responsibilities
New Product Development:
- Develops of Electronic Designs and Software solutions in compliance with defined requirements
- Develops the solution using Altium, LabVIEW, and software tools, following the relevant standards (Regulatory, Customer and STG)
- Preparing Engineering test plans reports with conclusions
- Interacts with V&V, Production / Test Engineering, Supply Chain, and Mechanical teams to optimise design decisions
- Develop and test prototypes to determine technical feasibility
- Must contribute to the project planning and definition in order to ensure that the project objectives are delivered
- Supports all relevant Integration and Qualification Activities (on site and at Test House) in ensuring the assigned design element works as part of the broader electronic system
- Contributes to component selection and definition in the STG Aerospace development tools
- Participates in the New Product Development, associated meetings, technology briefings and concept work
- Coordinate with design team in developing new design ideas and techniques
- Perform root cause analysis of design issues and develop effective resolutions.
- Follows Design & Development Processes and Procedures
- Identifies improvement of the engineering function
- The role develops into an Electronics Design Engineer.
- Degree qualified in Electronic and Software Development or equivalent experience
- Needs to be able to demonstrate practical experience with Lab Test & Measurement Equipment such as Oscilloscopes, Spectrum Analysers, bench power supplies etc.
- Prototyping experience including breadboarding, soldering, enclosures harness design and creation
- Initial experience of operating in a New Product development engineering environment
- An understanding of the complete Engineering Development Lifecycle from Requirements definition to Volume manufacturing
- Experience of using Schematic Capture and Simulation Design tools
- Strong ability in analogue and digital electronic design, Power Supply, filters, Micro controllers
- Understanding and practical demonstration of control and prevention of EMC/ EMI
- An understanding of Health & Safety compliance
- English GCSE or equivalent (min Grade C)
- Good understanding on Embedded Software Development and Coding in C
- A good knowledge of MS office tools
- Strong numerical and verbal ability
- Ability to translate complex ideas into clear concepts
- Very strong interest in Electronics.
- Operational understanding of the Altium Design Environment
- Knowledge of AS9100 / Quality compliance and operating environment
- Strong understanding of Design for Manufacture (DfM) and Design for Test (DfT) techniques
- Flexibility in dealing with changing priorities
- Knowledge of LED, Wireless Protocol, 115VAC / 400Hz.
- Communication: to be able to liaise and influence direction with a range of third parties including customers and suppliers with confidence. Communicate clearly and concisely to internal team members, external and other functional stakeholders
- Relationship building: to develop strong collaborative relations with staff and third parties
- Team working: to be able to support other team members, delegate tasks where appropriate and take instruction in achieving the company’s goals.
If you want to be part of a fast paced, multi-disciplinary team focussed on developing quality products with an innovative edge, then please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com. Closing date is 28th May 2021: please quote job reference ST0321E.
We are always interested in hearing from world class talent to join us in us in the next stage of our growth. If you have a real passion for the passenger experience and want to be part of a global success story in aviation we’re ready to light the way for your success!
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the large number of applications we receive, unfortunately we are unable to respond by email or telephone to candidates on the progress of their application. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of submitting your CV, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.