To design and develop Mechanical structures.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
New Product Development:
- Develop Mechanical components and assemblies in compliance with specified requirements and Engineering best practices
- Generates and updates 3D models and 2D drawings following relevant standards
- Generates the required engineering documentation during design & development stages
- Produces and tests mechanical prototypes to determine technical feasibility
- Contributes to component/material selection, coordinates mechanical component sourcing with Supply Chain
- Contributes to Design sessions to generate new design ideas and techniques
- Interacts with Production Engineering, Supply Chain, and Electronics teams to help optimise design decisions.
- Follows Design & Development Processes and Procedures
- Identifies and supports opportunities for the improvement of the engineering function
- The role develops into a Mechanical Design Engineer.
- University Degree qualified in Mechanical/Product Design/Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent
- An eye for detail and a methodical work process
- Initial experience of operating in a New Product development engineering environment
- Experience in using a parametric 3D modelling software
- Basic understanding of manufacturing technologies including part finishing, e.g. injection moulding, extrusion, machining and additive manufacturing
- Understanding of engineering part specification, including drawing requirements, dimensional tolerancing, and process control
- Understanding aspects of mechanical testing, e.g. environmental, stress, vibration, water ingress
- An understanding of the complete Engineering Development Lifecycle from Requirements definition to Volume manufacturing
- Good working knowledge of MS Office tools
- Strong numerical and technical capabilities.
- Working experience using SolidWorks 3D modelling software
- Knowledge of compliance to ISO9001 or other regulated industry standard (e.g. AS9100)
- Basic understanding of Design for Manufacture (DfM) and Design for Assembly (DfA) techniques
- Flexibility in dealing with changing priorities.
- Communication: to be able to communicate clearly and with confidence in the English language to internal team members and other functional stakeholders
- Relationship building: to develop strong collaborative relations with staff and third parties
- Team working: to be able to support other team members and take instructions in order to achieve company goals
- Time management: to be able to effectively prioritise to achieve goals
- Thoroughness: to ensure own work and information are complete and accurate; following up with others to ensure that commitments have been fulfilled
- Analytical thinking: to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach
- Creativity and curiosity: Ability to get inspiration from other sectors and think imaginatively to solve design problems.
If you want to be part of a fast paced, multi-disciplinary team focussed on developing quality products with an innovative edge, then please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date is 30th April 2021: please quote job reference ST0321.
We are always interested in hearing from world class talent to join us in us in the next stage of our growth. If you have a real passion for the passenger experience and want to be part of a global success story in aviation we’re ready to light the way for your success!
Send your CV to email@example.com
Due to the large number of applications we receive, unfortunately we are unable to respond by email or telephone to candidates on the progress of their application. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of submitting your CV, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.