Bright ideas. Brilliant Solutions.
STG Aerospace is trusted by the Aerospace industry for emergency exit marking and cabin lighting solutions. Established in 1995, we have a strong heritage in the design, manufacture and certification of system solutions. Our lighting solutions are line-fit for most aircraft manufacturers (including Airbus, Boeing & Embraer) and are operating on over 12,000 aircraft with some 300 airlines worldwide.
Globally we are a growing SME, with our head office in Cwmbran, South Wales and an additional manufacturing facility in Miami, Florida.
As a specialist aerospace manufacturer, we push the limits of design and problem solving, through international collaboration, trusted technical experience and a shared sense of purpose. This is a great opportunity for a motivated self-starter to take that first step into an Aerospace career. At STG Aerospace YOU are how we excel. That’s The STG Way.
STG Aerospace are looking for a new team member to assist with the continued efficient running of the EEMS (Emergency Exit Marking Systems) Business Unit. As part of the EEMS team, working primarily on the photoluminescent product ranges, your work will be focused around supporting the Operations activities and Research & Development tasks within the team, with a particular emphasis on testing and reporting. There will be a focus on sustainable, environmentally friendly materials for next generation aerospace products. The role is laboratory based (Chemistry and photometric). Qualifications are not the main priority, as full training will be given. We are just looking for a bright, enthusiastic team member with the capability to support the current team. This is a fast paced role where there is opportunity to learn new skills and develop professionally.
Day in the life
This role will be extremely varied. Example tasks you could be assigned to include:
- Testing to support EEMS Business Unit (e.g. flammability, photoluminescent performance)
- Supporting other departments (Quality, Production, Supply Chain)
- Route Cause Analysis and problem solving
- Fitness for purpose testing of new product designs
- Report writing and presentation of results
- Evaluating materials for incorporation into new products
- Risk and COSHH Assessment of laboratory equipment and chemicals
- Brainstorming new product features and USPs
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaison with suppliers (materials, extrusion, injection moulding)
- Provide the manufacturing process timely support as and when required
- Research on new materials and technologies
- Design and material selection for new products
- Work to ensure all project deliverables meet their quality, design budget and delivery targets
- Follow New Product Introduction procedures and best practices
- Test plan preparation and reporting
- Experience of operating in an engineering or scientific (laboratory) environment
- Demonstrable problem solving skills
- Experience of working to tight timescales, to meet key exacting deadlines
- Flexibility in dealing with changing priorities and to work under pressure
- Strong numerical and verbal ability
- Use of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Requiring limited supervision with good personal time management
- Degree qualified in a relevant scientific / engineering subject or equivalent experience in an appropriate field
- Risk/COSHH Assessment awareness
- Experience in design for regulated environments with Aerospace exposure/awareness
- Ability to liaise with customers and suppliers on a technical level
- Understanding of photoluminescence principles
- Understanding of AS9100 quality management systems
- Communication: to be able to liaise with a range of third parties including customers and suppliers with confidence
- Relationship building: to develop strong collaborative relations with staff and third parties. Strong team working skills to be able to support other team members in achieving the company’s goals
- Time management: to be able to effectively prioritise to achieve goals
- Thoroughness: to ensure own work and information are complete and accurate; following up with others to ensure that commitments have been fulfilled
- Analytical thinking: to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach
- Readiness to learn: Willing to learn new skills quickly to complete tasks as they arise
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary
- Performance related bonus
- 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
- Working Hours (unless specified) are 37.5 hours per week and Fridays 1pm close
- Pension Scheme
- Group Life Cover
- Employee Assistance Programme
Everything we do, we do with our people in mind. We raise funds for our charity partner Orbis, have wellbeing champions across the business and recognition awards to celebrate those that live our values, The STG Way. We are STG Aerospace. Join us!
The role will be based in the STG Head Office, located in Cwmbran, South Wales. This is easily commutable from Cardiff and Bristol. Use of a car is essential due to location, although some home/hybrid working is possible.
If you want to be part of a fast paced, multi-disciplinary team focussed on developing quality products with an innovative edge then please provide your CV and cover letter detailing what you feel best shows your relevant skills.
We are always interested in hearing from world class talent to join us in us in the next stage of our growth. If you have a real passion for the passenger experience and want to be part of a global success story in aviation we’re ready to light the way for your success!
Send your CV to email@example.com
Due to the large number of applications we receive, unfortunately we are unable to respond by email or telephone to candidates on the progress of their application. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of submitting your CV, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.