Bright ideas. Brilliant Solutions.
STG Aerospace is trusted by the Aerospace industry for emergency exit marking and cabin lighting solutions. Established in 1995, we have a strong heritage in the design, manufacture and certification of system solutions. Our lighting solutions are line-fit for most aircraft manufacturers (including Airbus, Boeing & Embraer) and are operating on over 10,000 aircraft with some 300 airlines worldwide.
Globally we are a growing SME, with our head office in Cwmbran, South Wales and an additional manufacturing facility in Miami, Florida.
As a specialist aerospace manufacturers, we push the limits of design and problem solving, through international collaboration, trusted technical experience and a shared sense of purpose. At STG Aerospace YOU are how we excel. That’s The STG Way.
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary
- Performance related bonus
- 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
- Working Hours (unless specified) are 37.5 hours per week and Fridays 1pm close
- This role is open to flexible/hybrid working
- Pension Scheme
- Group Life Cover
- Employee Assistance Programme
NPI Project Manager
Key responsibilities include:
Accountable to the BU Director, the NPI Project Manager is hands on in planning, controlling and supervising the Project and key sub-projects from cradle to grave to ensure the successful development and introduction of Cabin Lighting Systems to meet Customer expectations and the Company’s business objectives. To lead by example in fostering a passion for customer service and relationship building is paramount.
This role is responsible for achieving project objectives of cost, schedule and quality by planning activities; evaluating and influencing implementation, and reporting on progress of projects.
This role will be the major interface with the Sales, Engineering and Supply Chain teams, for all aspects of Project Management. As such the role holder will be expected to develop effective working relationships with external stakeholders (customers and suppliers) as well as within the business.
There will be involvement in the tendering process, as well as managing the development and implementation of a coherent plan to deliver the project in its entirety, including the NPI process, production and in service support.
Lead Project reviews and provide regular rolling reports on cost, scope, risk mitigation, schedule performance, and out-turn forecast with full variance analysis and appropriate interventions.
Set-up comprehensive and structured Gateway reviews and drive product cost and timing quotation inputs, including product change costing and tracking.
Hands on support to the development of Project and Project Management processes and tools and generation of effective data to control the project.
Although this role has specific responsibilities for Electronic Products the role holder may be expected to support for other Projects members of the Project Management team as required.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. Manage Projects
- Create and deliver project plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Create and manage Risk Mitigation plans.
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and appropriately stored.
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders on the progress of the projects
2. Influence People
- To build effective relations with staff and key stakeholders in identifying new business opportunities and achieving project goals
- To enthuse and inspire team members to customer service excellence through leading by example
- Ideally educated to degree level with a good knowledge and familiarity of Project Management, including the use of project management tools including Prince 2, APM, PMI (or equivalent) and MS-Project
- Experience of New Product Introduction and phased gateways, ideally associated with complex electro—mechanical assemblies and systems
- Ability to lead a multi-functional project team across multiple sites
- Considerable experience in working within an aircraft/aerospace hardware environment and a sound understanding of the key airframe regulatory certification requirements
- Cross functional relationship building with Engineering, Supply Chain, Finance and Marketing, as well as external customers and stakeholders
- Good understanding and promotion of health and safety requirements and continuous improvement culture
- Good understanding of technical data structure (drawings, BOMs) and typical project milestones (design reviews)
- Working knowledge of aerospace certification and qualification
- Exposure to and understanding of DFM and associated processes in the commercial aerospace industry
- Good understanding of the stages in engineering design processes and reviews
- Good working knowledge of AS9100 compliance and operating environment
- Proven negotiation and report-writing skills
- Experience operating in an engineering environment in an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) environment
- Use of MS Project, Excel, Word and Outlook to advanced level
- Flexibility to travel to multi-site locations
What will help you succeed?
- Be driven by excellence & attention to detail
- Be energetic & creative
- Demonstrate a 'Can do' attitude
- Demonstrate analytical thinking
- Self-motivated and work well under pressure to meet deadlines
- Flexible and work as part of a team.
Everything we do, we do with our people in mind. We raise funds for our charity partner Orbis, have wellbeing champions across the business and recognition awards to celebrate those that live our values, The STG Way. We are STG Aerospace. Join us!
Please provide your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are passionately committed to being a truly inclusive and diverse company; it is at the heart of our core values of the STG Way. We continue to enhance our culture of inclusion and diversity across all of our roles and actively encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities.
We are always interested in hearing from world class talent to join us in us in the next stage of our growth. If you have a real passion for the passenger experience and want to be part of a global success story in aviation we’re ready to light the way for your success!
Send your CV to email@example.com
Due to the large number of applications we receive, unfortunately we are unable to respond by email or telephone to candidates on the progress of their application. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of submitting your CV, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.