Bright ideas. Brilliant Solutions.
STG Aerospace is trusted by the Aerospace industry for emergency exit marking and cabin lighting solutions. Established in 1995, we have a strong heritage in the design, manufacture and certification of system solutions. Our lighting solutions are line-fit for most aircraft manufacturers (including Airbus, Boeing & Embraer) and are operating on over 12,000 aircraft with some 300 airlines worldwide.
Globally we are a growing SME, with our head office in Cwmbran, South Wales and an additional manufacturing facility in Miami, Florida.
As a specialist aerospace manufacturer, we push the limits of design and problem solving, through international collaboration, trusted technical experience and a shared sense of purpose. At STG Aerospace YOU are how we excel. That’s The STG Way.
Operations Support Technician
We are seeking an Operations Support Technician to support the Operations Team in infrastructure improvements and general support in maintaining the services within the facility. You will also assist Production, in change overs, set up activities, Preventative Maintenance and Health & Safety improvements. The role does not cover IT Infrastructure.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Infrastructure and Maintenance:
- To provide support, direction, supervision of the service providers that are used for the site maintenance, and the preventative maintenance plans for equipment that is used to support the Production process
- Organise with Supply Chain, site support where sub-contractors are required to work on site e.g. Plumbers, electricians, security services, carpenters, equipment installers, fire detection services, alarm providers, site landlord activities, the co-ordination and confirming service provider’s activities have been carried out
- To work with the Production / Mechanical Engineering departments in creating installation and commissioning plans, risk assessments, and supporting documentation, organise teams for the safe installation for new and or modification of an existing processes
- Be an active H&S representative and leading example of good practices, in conjunction with the Production Engineering Department
- The role does not cover IT Infrastructure
- Actively promotes FOD reduction practices in the process, and is an active 5S practitioner
- To provide training to Production staff on the assembly and use of automation equipment
- To support the Production in NPI (New Product Introduction)
- Support Production Engineering in the validation of new processes
- Provide support for the production / design team for the manufacture of concepts and prototypes
- Carry out new and ongoing H&S risk assessments, Electrical PAT, Approval of contractors risk assessments when working at the STG site
- Provide first line support for queries and breakdowns
- Process maintenance.
- H&S requirements, Risk assessments equipment and COSHH
- Ability to interpret documents, plans, MSDS, create Microsoft documents as required
- Must be able to prepare written reports, and communicate with personnel internally and externally
- Workshop skills, use of hand, and power tools
- Knowledge of Pneumatic tooling and systems
- Prepare risk assessments and implement actions where required, in conjunction with the support department
- Experience in Engineering / Manufacturing / Support discipline
- Working in a regulated environment.(Aerospace / Medical / Automotive/ Defence / Security)
- An understanding of Health & Safety compliance
- Flexibility in dealing with changing priorities
- Understanding and use of CAD software/programs
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure
- Communication: to be able to liaise and influence direction with a range of third parties, including contractors / service providers and internal customers. Confidence and clear communication to internal team members and other functional stakeholders
- Relationship building: to develop strong collaborative relations with staff and third parties
- Team working: to be able to support other team members, ability to delegate tasks (to 3rd parties) where appropriate and take instruction in achieving the company’s goals
- Thoroughness: to ensure own and others' work and information are complete and accurate; following up with others to ensure that commitments have been fulfilled
- Analytical thinking: to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary
- Performance related bonus
- 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
- Working Hours (unless specified) are 37.5 hours per week and Fridays 1pm close
- Pension Scheme
- Group Life Cover
- Employee Assistance Programme
Everything we do, we do with our people in mind. We raise funds for our charity partner Orbis, have wellbeing champions across the business and recognition awards to celebrate those that live our values, The STG Way. We are STG Aerospace. Join us!
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date is 30th November 2021: please quote job reference OST-S.
We are always interested in hearing from world class talent to join us in us in the next stage of our growth. If you have a real passion for the passenger experience and want to be part of a global success story in aviation we’re ready to light the way for your success!
Send your CV to email@example.com
Due to the large number of applications we receive, unfortunately we are unable to respond by email or telephone to candidates on the progress of their application. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of submitting your CV, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.