Bright ideas. Brilliant Solutions.
STG Aerospace is trusted by the Aerospace industry for emergency exit marking and cabin lighting solutions. Established in 1995, we have a strong heritage in the design, manufacture and certification of system solutions. Our lighting solutions are line-fit for most aircraft manufacturers (including Airbus, Boeing & Embraer) and are operating on over 10,000 aircraft with some 300 airlines worldwide.
Globally we are a growing SME, with our head office in Cwmbran, South Wales and an additional manufacturing facility in Miami, Florida.
As a specialist aerospace manufacturer, we push the limits of design and problem solving, through international collaboration, trusted technical experience and a shared sense of purpose. At STG Aerospace YOU are how we excel. That’s The STG Way.
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary
- Performance related bonus
- 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
- Working Hours (unless specified) are 37.5 hours per week and Fridays 1pm close
- Pension Scheme Group Life Cover
- Employee Assistance Programme
The Expeditor is responsible for coordinating activities involved with procuring goods and services. This position requires a wide range of duties and interactions between teammates, departments, customers, and suppliers. The successful candidate will possess good communication & interpersonal skills and will be a team player who is able to liaise with others & build relationships. Good planning & organisational skills are key, with the ability to work to deadlines, multi-task and work under pressure.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with Buyers and Production to identify gaps and delays in the delivery of components
- Analyse Shortage Reports frequently throughout the week.
- Support SC Manager and SIOP meetings with latest clear to build dates Management of supplier / customer order book, realignment of delivery dates in accordance with OTiF KPIs
- Run and action weekly Outstanding Orders Report
- Work with Buyers to coordinate the timing and means of delivery from Suppliers
- Ensure delivery issues are communicated and resolved
- Notify relevant departments of scheduled delivery dates to ensure continuity of production
- Purchase consumables and stationery.
- On occasion liaise with freight forwarders to oversee timeline for all purchase orders, deliveries using the most cost effective mode of transport
- Work to resolve issues with Suppliers/Freight Forwarder teams to ensure timely scheduling of deliveries.
- Monitor and communicate operational KPIs to internal/external customers.
- Liaise with Accounts Payable for all invoice queries
- To participate in a range of initiatives designed to improve the productivity and effectiveness of the department
- Be able to effectively communicate with co-workers, customers and suppliers in a professional manner either written or verbally
- Be able to multitask and work well under pressure
- Be able to effectively problem solve
- Have great organizational skills
- Can focus and pay good attention to details
- Experience using Microsoft Office and ERP systems
- Be self-driven and motivated
- Be able to maintain business relationships and be open to feedback
- Able to prioritize tasks with emphasis on time management
- An understanding of shipping terms
- Basic customs / shipping terms understanding
What will help you succeed?
- Be driven by excellence & attention to detail
- Be energetic & creative
- Demonstrate a 'Can do' attitude
- Self-motivated and work well under pressure to meet deadlines
- Be flexible and work as part of a team.
Everything we do, we do with our people in mind. We raise funds for our charity partner Orbis, have wellbeing champions across the business and recognition awards to celebrate those that live our values, The STG Way. We are STG Aerospace. Join us!
Please provide your CV to email@example.com. Closing date is 05th August 2022 please quote job reference EXP-W.
We are passionately committed to being a truly inclusive and diverse company; it is at the heart of our core values of the STG Way. We continue to enhance our culture of inclusion and diversity across all of our roles and actively encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities.
We are always interested in hearing from world class talent to join us in us in the next stage of our growth. If you have a real passion for the passenger experience and want to be part of a global success story in aviation we’re ready to light the way for your success!
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the large number of applications we receive, unfortunately we are unable to respond by email or telephone to candidates on the progress of their application. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of submitting your CV, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.