Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads the definition of Requirements and Architectural solutions to Customer Needs, Regulatory Requirements and STG Aerospace strategies in order to support New Product system designs
- Identifies and Develops all required supporting documentation during the development of the solution in accordance with defined Engineering procedures.
- Supports the project planning and definition of work packages in order to ensure that the project objectives are delivered on time, on cost and on quality.
- Supports all relevant Integration and qualification activities in ensuring the assigned design element works as part of the broader electronic system.
- Defines the component selection strategy and implementation in the business.
- Leads complex system designs in compliance with defined requirements and system architectures and resolves architectural or implementation problems as they arise.
- May be required on occasion to act in the Role of a Chief Engineer or System Architect ( Defined as separate Roles) on a given project.
- Leads the more Junior Engineers in the team to ensure that all work is delivered in accordance with allocated work packages to the required cost and time targets and the defined quality standards.
- Mentors more Junior System Engineers in developing their experience and skills in relevant subject areas.
- Uses market understanding and technical knowledge to maintain leading edge designs and viable solutions, supporting future business plans through technology projections.
- Follows Design & Development Processes and Procedures and completes all relevant checklists during the development of product solutions.
- Drives the improvement of the engineering function as well as the wider business including the development of new procedures and artefacts.
- Follows configuration management processes and identifies solutions where product or process falls short of such requirements
- Degree qualified in a relevant technical subject or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years’ Experience of operating in a New Product development engineering environment, with responsibilities for delivery of design solutions to schedule and quality against defined requirements.
- Excellent understanding of Requirements Management Techniques
- Excellent understanding of Product Integration Planning and delivery
- A detailed understanding of the complete Engineering Development Lifecycle from Requirements definition to Volume manufacturing
- A detailed knowledge of Health & Safety compliance
- English GCSE or equivalent (min Grade C)
- Intermediate level user of MS Excel, Word and Outlook
- Strong numerical and verbal ability
- Considered an expert in System Design and Development or with extensive Product/ System Engineering capabilities.
- Experience of design for the cabin interior aerospace environment and regulated environments, particularly LED lighting
- Knowledge of AS9100 compliance and operating environment
- Excellent understanding of Design for Manufacture (DfM) and Design for Test (DfT) techniques.
- Exposure to and understanding of MTBF analysis, FMECA and associated processes in the civil aerospace industry
- Flexibility in dealing with changing priorities
- Communication: to be able to lead, influence and communicate with confidence and authority and liaise with a range of third parties including customers and suppliers and communicate clearly too internal team members and other functional stakeholders.
- Relationship building: to develop strong collaborative relations with staff and third parties
- Team working: to be able to lead and direct others, supporting and delegating where necessary, in achieving the companies priorities and goals.
- Time management: to be able to effectively prioritise and delegate to achieve goals
- Thoroughness: to ensure own and others' work and information are complete and accurate; following up with others to ensure that commitments have been fulfilled
- Analytical thinking: to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach
We are always interested in hearing from world class talent to join us in us in the next stage of our growth. If you have a real passion for the passenger experience and want to be part of a global success story in aviation we’re ready to light the way for your success!
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the large number of applications we receive, unfortunately we are unable to respond by email or telephone to candidates on the progress of their application. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of submitting your CV, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.