Bright ideas. Brilliant Solutions.
STG Aerospace is trusted by the Aerospace industry for emergency exit marking and cabin lighting solutions. Established in 1995, we have a strong heritage in the design, manufacture and certification of system solutions. Our lighting solutions are line-fit for most aircraft manufacturers (including Airbus, Boeing & Embraer) and are operating on over 12,000 aircraft with some 300 airlines worldwide.
Globally we are a growing SME, with our head office in Cwmbran, South Wales and an additional manufacturing facility in Miami, Florida.
As a specialist aerospace manufacturer, we push the limits of design and problem solving, through international collaboration, trusted technical experience and a shared sense of purpose. At STG Aerospace YOU are how we excel. That’s The STG Way.
Senior Test Technician
We are seeking a Senior Test Technician to debug Product Failures, as well as operate, maintain and upgrade production equipment/processes. This role allows you to be an active participant and contributor to Engineering and Development of new and improving existing test capability. You will be liaising with internal and external manufacturing stakeholders.
Accountable to the Production Manager, this Senior Technician will debug product failures, operate, maintain and upgrade production equipment/processes at STG Aerospace. They will be an active participant and contributor to Engineering and Development of new and improving existing test capability. Liaising with internal and external manufacturing stakeholders.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates and maintains STG Production Tests, jigs and fixtures. Contribute to the overall performance and output requirements of the Production department. Be a key contributor in continuous improvement
- Carries out Failure analysis of products, in house and in service issues, prepares reports and carries out investigation and research into the issue found and recommends potential improvements to design and process
- Leads the Engineering Photometric testing and Analysis process, carries out testing, recommendations on findings and reporting
- Develop and Maintain all required supporting documentation in accordance with Production and Engineering and QA procedures. Supports reliability analysis and (Failure mode, effects, and criticality analysis) FMECA studies to STG Aerospace procedures
- Follows configuration management processes and identifies solutions where product or process falls short of such requirements
- Supports all relevant Integration, and Qualification Activities
- Contributes to component and equipment selection and definition in the STG Aerospace development tools. (e.g. Altium, Spice)
- Works with the Design team and provides support and advice towards Design for Manufacture (DfM) and Design for Test (DfT) to reduce costs and time to market
- Supports and follows the Design & Development Processes and Procedures and completes all relevant checklists during the development of product solutions
- Identifies and supports opportunities for the improvement of the engineering function as well as the wider business including the development of new procedures and artefacts when required
- Supports the evaluation of CEM manufacturing processes applying knowledge of product design, assembly, testing, tooling and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; receiving and obtaining feedback and observations from operators
- HNC in Electrical, Electronic Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 6 months Experience of operating in a Production/Test Engineering environment, with responsibilities for delivery of complex electronic Products to schedule and quality against defined requirements
- Basic understanding of Design for Manufacture (DfM) and Design for Test (DfT) techniques
- Basic ability of designing for circuits, unit design validation of components, sub-assemblies and Unit
- An understanding of the complete Engineering Development Lifecycle (concept to disposal) from Support the design team in requirements definition to Volume manufacturing
- Ability to lead, take responsibility and ownership
- Health & Safety compliance
- English GCSE or equivalent (min Grade C)
- Intermediate level user of MS Excel, Word and Outlook
- Strong numerical and verbal ability
- Flexibility in dealing with changing priorities
- Experience & understanding of QA and production processes in the aerospace electronics industry (static precautions, traceability, configuration control etc)
- Experience of regulated environments
- Knowledge of AS9100 compliance and operating environment
- Communication: to be able to communicate clearly and with confidence to internal team members and other functional stakeholders
- Relationship building: to develop strong collaborative relations with staff and third parties
- Team working: to be able to support other team members and take instruction in company’s goals achieving the company’s goals
- Time management: to be able to effectively prioritise to achieve goals
- Thoroughness: to ensure own and others' work and information are complete and accurate; following up with others to ensure that commitments have been fulfilled
- Analytical thinking: to tackle problems in methodical, logical, systematic ways
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary
- Performance related bonus
- 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
- Working Hours (unless specified) are 37.5 hours per week and Fridays 1pm close
- Group Life Cover
- Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
Everything we do, we do with our people in mind. We raise funds for our charity partner Orbis, have wellbeing champions across the business and recognition awards to celebrate those that live our values, The STG Way. We are STG Aerospace. Join us!
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date is 30th November 2021. Please quote job reference STT-S.
We are always interested in hearing from world class talent to join us in us in the next stage of our growth. If you have a real passion for the passenger experience and want to be part of a global success story in aviation we’re ready to light the way for your success!
Send your CV to email@example.com
Due to the large number of applications we receive, unfortunately we are unable to respond by email or telephone to candidates on the progress of their application. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of submitting your CV, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.