Bright ideas. Brilliant Solutions.
STG Aerospace is trusted by the Aerospace industry for emergency exit marking and cabin lighting solutions. Established in 1995, we have a strong heritage in the design, manufacture and certification of system solutions. Our lighting solutions are line-fit for most aircraft manufacturers (including Airbus, Boeing & Embraer) and are operating on over 12,000 aircraft with some 300 airlines worldwide.
Globally we are a growing SME, with our head office in Cwmbran, South Wales and an additional manufacturing facility in Miami, Florida.
As a specialist aerospace manufacturer, we push the limits of design and problem solving, through international collaboration, trusted technical experience and a shared sense of purpose. At STG Aerospace YOU are how we excel. That’s The STG Way.
We are seeking a Project Controller to be at the core of our projects, working with engineers, programme managers and all other areas of the project business team to plan, supply, analyse and manage project information on behalf of the various stakeholders.
This role will suit an ambitious, forward thinking candidate who is looking for a new challenge with an opportunity to grow their skills and development. It will include:
- Establishing project/bid budgets and schedules
- Supporting and guiding the Business Unit Team in planning of activities to deliver NPI projects
- Monitoring and reporting on schedule progress and deviations within all parties involved. Perform analysis such as critical path, schedule risk analysis and Earned Value variance root cause analysis.
- Challenging project performance data
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with all project stakeholders to be able to embed the NPI process
- Supporting the Business Unit in Risk and Opportunity management activities
- Monitoring the Timesheet Bookings to ensure accurate cost collection
- Assisting the Programme Manager in the transition between each project phase
- Experience of working in a Project / Programme Management / Control environment.
- Experience of Microsoft Project, and other Microsoft Office applications (Excel. Word, PowerPoint).
- Ability to analyse performance data and define root variance causes and impacts
- Demonstrable communication skills to all levels, capable of working in an integrated multi-functional team
- Pro-active team player who can inspire others
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Experience in a similar role
- Experience of manufacturing projects in a regulated sector
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Experience of working with engineering type programmes.
- Experience in using project accounting system
- Excellent administration skills and attention to detail
- Experience of writing work instruction and procedures to improve project execution
- Organised with good time management skills
- Motivated to deliver beyond expectations
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary
- Performance related bonus
- 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
- Working Hours (unless specified) are 37.5 hours per week and Fridays 1pm close
- Pension Scheme
- Group Life Cover
- Employee Assistance Programme
Everything we do, we do with our people in mind. We raise funds for our charity partner Orbis, have wellbeing champions across the business and recognition awards to celebrate those that live our values, The STG Way. We are STG Aerospace. Join us!
Please provide your CV to email@example.com. Closing date is 30th September 2021: please quote job reference PC-W.
We are always interested in hearing from world class talent to join us in us in the next stage of our growth. If you have a real passion for the passenger experience and want to be part of a global success story in aviation we’re ready to light the way for your success!
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the large number of applications we receive, unfortunately we are unable to respond by email or telephone to candidates on the progress of their application. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of submitting your CV, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.