Bright ideas. Brilliant Solutions.
STG Aerospace is trusted by the Aerospace industry for emergency exit marking and cabin lighting solutions. Established in 1995, we have a strong heritage in the design, manufacture and certification of system solutions. Our lighting solutions are line-fit for most aircraft manufacturers (including Airbus, Boeing & Embraer) and are operating on over 12,000 aircraft with some 300 airlines worldwide.
Globally we are a growing SME, with our head office in Cwmbran, South Wales and an additional manufacturing facility in Miami, Florida.
As specialist aerospace manufacturers, we push the limits of design and problem solving, through international collaboration, trusted technical experience and a shared sense of purpose. At STG Aerospace YOU are how we excel. That’s The STG Way.
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary
- Performance related bonus
- 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
- Working Hours (unless specified) are 37.5 hours per week and Fridays 1pm close
- Pension Scheme
- Group Life Cover
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Understands the Process and Product Quality requirements
- Supports the business by ensuring that the processes are suitable, being maintained and advising where deficiencies are found
- Monitor and identify the appropriate Quality requirements, to improve compliance and process management of the Quality Management System
- Team working is an essential part of this role
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the implementation of the Quality requirements, coach and training staff at all levels
- Maintain documentation, procedures, to manage the process
- Support Accreditation requirements specified by the business
- Carry out auditing of the QMS processes, and supporting the departments to rectify or improve the process
- Coach the team on Quality requirements, investigation, reports to interested parties, to resolve and prevent Quality related issues
- Read and understand drawings, geometrical tolerancing, identifying key characteristics and ensuring the process has captured these
- Data input into Internet portals for Customers, Audit bodies such as LRQA / OASIS
- Providing Sales Order Acknowledgement, verification and sign off for Quality requirements
- Provide support for external audit bodies and Customers
- Trained as an auditor, to be able to audit all of our internal systems identifying issues and recommending solutions
- Capable of providing capability study results. Using statistical Techniques, Measurement equipment
- Manage Calibration System, and co-ordinate all equipment in use is calibrated
- Identify root cause and analysis for Quality issues, using statistical technics and tools
- Escalate to management issues that affect Airworthiness and Quality
- Support the setting of guidelines and standards for performance levels, inspection requirements
- Support annual Training of staff for compulsory courses
- Maintenance of Registers and logs, and accuracy
- Generation and Completion of AS9102 FAIRs, UK CAA Form 1s
- Work with internal teams to increase customer satisfaction by improving the quality of the products
- Support Production requirements for Luminosity, Flam and Light Transmission Testing
- Thoroughness: To Ensure work is completed to the highest standard and to Zero defects
- Flexibility: To meet a changing workload demand, including changing work patterns and times and the ability to support Customers and Suppliers as required
- Team Working: Able to support other team members in achieving the department’s goals and maintaining a positive supporting work environment
- Communication skills: the ability to communicate requirements to others in a confident manner
- At least 2 years’ experience in a Quality role or equivalent relevant experience
- Qualified in Quality Discipline e.g. minimum C&G 743 Quality Assurance, (or IAQA level 3 /ONC)
- Use of Microsoft packages
- Knowledge of at ISO9001 preferred AS9100 or similar regulatory accreditation requirements
What will help you succeed?
- Be driven by excellence & attention to detail
- Be energetic & creative
- Demonstrate a 'Can do' attitude
- Self-motivated and work well under pressure to meet deadlines
- Be flexible and work as part of a team
Everything we do, we do with our people in mind. We raise funds for our charity partner Orbis, have wellbeing champions across the business and recognition awards to celebrate those that live our values, The STG Way. We are STG Aerospace. Join us!
Please provide your CV to email@example.com. Closing date is 30th November 2021: please quote job reference QT-S.
We are always interested in hearing from world class talent to join us in us in the next stage of our growth. If you have a real passion for the passenger experience and want to be part of a global success story in aviation we’re ready to light the way for your success!
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the large number of applications we receive, unfortunately we are unable to respond by email or telephone to candidates on the progress of their application. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of submitting your CV, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.