Bright ideas. Brilliant Solutions.
STG Aerospace is trusted by the Aerospace industry for emergency exit marking and cabin lighting solutions. Established in 1995, we have a strong heritage in the design, manufacture and certification of system solutions. Our lighting solutions are line-fit for most aircraft manufacturers (including Airbus, Boeing & Embraer) and are operating on over 12,000 aircraft with some 300 airlines worldwide.
Globally we are a growing SME, with our head office in Cwmbran, South Wales and an additional manufacturing facility in Miami, Florida.
As specialist aerospace manufacturers, we push the limits of design and problem solving, through international collaboration, trusted technical experience and a shared sense of purpose. At STG Aerospace YOU are how we excel. That’s The STG Way.
Reporting to the Commercial Director, the Regional Account Manager is focused on development of original equipment (OE) and aftermarket sales and has prime responsibility for delivering defined business targets and developing customer accounts.
As a Regional Account Manager, you will be responsible for accelerating revenue within a defined set of accounts. Applying both strong technical and business acumen skills, you will need to work collaboratively with the Business Unit teams to understand and help uncover needs in areas where STG can help impact customers’ product issues and create value. By owning, managing, and developing customer accounts, as well as working closely with the wider STG Sales organization, the core focus of an Account Manager is to find, secure and then account manage opportunities to accelerate the growth of the account's revenue and achieve quota.
This role includes achieving the quarterly and annual sales plan; contributing to sales strategies; providing key market input into new product development; completing bookings analyses and forecasts; managing the bid process for accounts; maintaining and developing business relationships and improving the quality and frequency of customer communications with airlines, MRO’s agents and distributors.
This role may be either home-based or in one of our Global offices (Cwmbran, Miami and Hamburg) with the appropriate right to work eligibility. Applicants should live within easy reach of an international airport.
The role provides excellent career development and reward opportunities, together with a significant element of autonomy to pro-actively achieve sales targets.
- Prepare and deliver the annual sales forecast for defined customers and region including participating in weekly global sales reviews.
- Sell the complete product range that we offer. Identify areas of customer collaboration for future designed Electrical cabin lighting products. Provide feedback about competition. Identify new products required by our customers and provide feedback to our product developers.
- Maintain close customer contact. Maximize time spent working with new and existing customers. Book, prepare and deliver remote visits and demonstrations. Using Demand Generations skills, explore new business potential inside customer accounts, find referrals and expand contact base.
- Set Account Strategies. Own the design and execution of Account Plans, leveraging guidance from the business. Consistently update and apply customer feedback and due diligence to adapt the plans. Collaborate with business units and customers to execute on the activities tied to the Account Objectives.
- Participate actively in Sales meetings and events. Have a motivational attitude with colleagues and express individual thoughts openly and objectively.
- Act as a key relationship manager, developing influential relationships within airlines, MRO’s, agents and the distribution network that include all touch points that impact a product selection and purchasing decision, at an appropriate depth and breadth.
- Proactively develop and maintain opportunity tracking data and sales forecasting which positively contributes to increasing sales and market share.
- Leverage our CRM and associated databases to recommend capture strategies.
- Coordinate product and capability presentations to customers and arranging demonstrations
- Solicit and analysing VOC (Voice of the Customer) feedback and acting as the customer advocate within STG to drive closure of customer issues.
- Participate in trade shows, exhibitions, conferences and forums to promote STG’s products and generate new leads.
- Experienced in selling aerospace aftermarket products and technical solutions into airlines, MRO’s and distributors and working with agents in specific markets.
- Ability to develop customer specific sales strategies with a successful record identifying, negotiating and winning sales programs though development of business cases, value propositions and technical proposals.
- High level business networking experience and successful track record in building customer relationships that yield sustained business growth.
- Able to successfully negotiate all aspects of a proposal through to contract award and to manage multiple sales opportunities of varying complexity.
- Able to conduct professional commercial and technical presentations at senior levels within the customer’s organisation.
- Ability to interpret and apply market intelligence, including competitive intelligence, market knowledge, and company knowledge to optimize strategic positioning.
- Dynamic approach and ability to “think big” and target major opportunities.
- Degree in an engineering or Sales discipline preferred or equivalent, with proven aerospace experience.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written, and presentational; and IT literate and proficient in MS Office especially Excel
- Ability to travel extensively at least 50% of time, domestically and internationally. Due to the nature of the role, the ability to travel to and within North America is essential.
- LED lighting experience would be an advantage; and/or experience in the Commercial airplane interiors/cabin business arena
- Experience of business jet marketplace would also be an advantage.
- Highly competitive package, including base and personal annual bonus scheme based on sales targets.
What will help you succeed?
- Be driven by excellence & attention to detail
- Be energetic & creative
- Demonstrate a 'Can do' attitude
- Self-motivated and work well under pressure to meet deadlines
- Be flexible and work as part of a team.
Everything we do, we do with our people in mind. We raise funds for our charity partner Orbis, have wellbeing champions across the business and recognition awards to celebrate those that live our values, The STG Way. We are STG Aerospace. Join us!
Please provide your CV to email@example.com. Closing date is 30th November 2021: please quote job reference RAM-S.
We are always interested in hearing from world class talent to join us in us in the next stage of our growth. If you have a real passion for the passenger experience and want to be part of a global success story in aviation we’re ready to light the way for your success!
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the large number of applications we receive, unfortunately we are unable to respond by email or telephone to candidates on the progress of their application. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of submitting your CV, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.