Bright ideas. Brilliant Solutions.
STG Aerospace is trusted by the Aerospace industry for emergency exit marking and cabin lighting solutions. Established in 1995, we have a strong heritage in the design, manufacture and certification of system solutions. Our lighting solutions are line-fit for most aircraft manufacturers (including Airbus, Boeing & Embraer) and are operating on over 12,000 aircraft with some 300 airlines worldwide.
Globally we are a growing SME, with our head office in Cwmbran, South Wales and an additional manufacturing facility in Miami, Florida.
As specialist aerospace manufacturer, we push the limits of design and problem solving, through international collaboration, trusted technical experience and a shared sense of purpose. At STG Aerospace YOU are how we excel. That’s The STG Way.
Accountable to the Director – Sales and Programmes, the Sales Engineer will use their technical knowledge along with sales skills to provide advice and support on a range of products, for which a certain level of expertise is needed.
The Sales Engineer will assist the Sales and Programmes team with business development activities for existing and new customers. The successful candidate will be the key point of contact for clients and provide both pre and after-sales advice. The role holder will liaise regularly with other members of the team and colleagues from a range of departments, such as:
Clients are usually engineering and supply chain stakeholders from airframers (including Boeing) and Tier 1 suppliers (e.g. Monument manufacturers).
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide a comprehensive technical and commercial interface to customers, based on a strong design bias and well-developed customer focus
- Act as a key relationship manager, developing influential relationships within the customer that include all touch points that impact a product selection and purchasing decision, at an appropriate depth and breadth.
- Maintain close customer contact. Maximize time spent working with new and existing customers. Book, prepare and deliver remote visits and demonstrations.
- Coordinate product and capability presentations to customers and arranging demonstrations.
- Work closely with the team in the setting up and delivery of the Company’s exhibitions and demonstrations.
- Establish cooperative team relationships between all internal functions.
- Provide a comprehensive technical support to our customers, based on a strong electrical bias and well-developed customer focus.
- Create and coordinate bid response in an effective and timely manner
- Generate opportunity analysis for GO/NO GO bid decisions by STG management
Skills and Experience:
- Proven ability to conduct professional commercial and technical presentations at all levels within our customers’ organisations
- Experience of interpreting and applying market data, technical information, competition intelligence, market knowledge, and company knowledge to optimize positioning
- Good working knowledge of large aircraft systems, especially interiors
- Results-orientated and ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Experience of creating formal engineering survey reports
- Ability to work individually and in groups
- Limited supervision required, with good personal time management
- Degree/Bachelor qualified in a relevant engineering competency or equivalent and experience in appropriate technology field
- Strong numerical and verbal ability
- Experience of working to tight timescales, to meet key exacting deadlines
- Flexibility in dealing with changing priorities & self-motivated
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time, including international travel is essential.
- Aircraft lighting markets
- Working with Boeing Commercial Airplanes
- Working with Embraer
- Process driven bid management (Shipley or equivalent)
What will help you succeed?
- Communication: to be able to confidently liaise with a range of third parties including suppliers
- Credibility & Relationship building: to develop strong collaborative relations with staff and third parties
- Customer Care: to provide customer service excellence; to anticipate and exceed our customers’ expectations
- Team working: to be able to support other team members in achieving the company’s goals and live our values
- Time management: to be able to effectively prioritise to achieve goals
- Thoroughness: to ensure own and others' work and information are complete and accurate; following up with others to ensure that commitments have been fulfilled
- Analytical thinking & problem solving: to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach
Please provide your CV to email@example.com
We are passionately committed to being a truly inclusive and diverse company; it is at the heart of our core values of the STG Way. We continue to enhance our culture of inclusion and diversity across all of our roles and actively encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities.
We are always interested in hearing from world class talent to join us in us in the next stage of our growth. If you have a real passion for the passenger experience and want to be part of a global success story in aviation we’re ready to light the way for your success!
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the large number of applications we receive, unfortunately we are unable to respond by email or telephone to candidates on the progress of their application. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of submitting your CV, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.