Position: Sales Office Manager (job ref MW0319)
Hours: 40 per week
Salary: £competitive with benefits
STG Aerospace leads the ﬁeld in the innovation and development of aircraft cabin lighting solutions through its saf-Tglo® ﬂoorpath marking, saf-Tsign® emergency signage and liTeMood® LED cabin mood lighting. Our systems are installed on over 10,000 aircraft worldwide through Tier 1 OEM & Tier 2 contracts and in the aftermarket. With sustained double-digit year-over-year growth and new product lines ready to launch, STG provides excellent opportunities and a dynamic working environment.
This new role, reporting to the Global Director of Sales, will be responsible for establishing and then managing a new sales back office sales administration and data warehouse organisation to ensure both customer service excellence, on time deliveries and maximisation of sales revenue streams.
You will be a highly motivational and inspirational manager, and passionate about customer service. You will lead our Sales Administration (UK and USA) and our data and analysis teams.
Working alongside our global sales team, you will work closely with RSMs, Quality, Production, Finance and Sales Executives to deliver the Sales Plan primarily through excellent interpersonal, relationship development, planning and communication skills. Integrity, vision and passion are vital for this role.
Your outstanding tenacity, planning, communication and team-management competencies will drive our sales administration through quotation, invoicing and the fulfilment process seamlessly from initial quote through to order despatch.
- To establish and then manage a world-class sales back office organisation, including process and KPI refinement and creation.
- Ensure customer quotations and Purchase orders are handled efficiently and quickly
- Communicate and interface daily with internal departments to ensure our Sales ordering and fulfilment process is managed to the highest standards, developing strong business relationships with relevant stakeholders
- Be the Voice of the Customer internally and strive for customer service excellence
- Manage the professional and motivated Internal Sales and data analysis teams, supporting the administrators in ensuring sales orders are processed through to delivery on time and meeting/exceeding customer expectations
- Pro-actively anticipate and remove blockages in the Sales administration process, by working across functions to ensure the ‘customer voice’ is heard throughout the business
- Handle inbound customer queries in fulfilling their orders, through to anticipating and resolving issues before they become a problem for the customer
- Supervise the Business Development Executive in the management of the Customer Relationship Management (CRM); interrogation & updating with opportunities and market trends and general data analysis
- Support the sales team with customer and sales analysis reporting
- Prepare and present analysis of relevant department KPIs, and act upon highlighted issues and opportunities to resolution. Seek appropriate ways to improve the efficiency of the department.
- Management of the Sales Administration team, in terms of not only day-to-day people management, but also in terms of their career and talent development
- Experienced in managing a sales back office, ideally in an aerospace company although experience in other highly regulated industries will be considered.
- Previous experience managing a back office sales team, ideally within the aerospace industry is highly desirable; however, essential is experience of working in a highly regulated environment.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with peers and representatives from other departments required to maintain and improve the Sales administration process.
- Confident communicator and excellent written and presentation skills
- Strong decisive leadership skills, underpinned by a structured approach to problem solving
- Strong analytical skills and ability to summarise data and trends clearly
- Well-developed Team player
- In-depth experience of using Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software highly desirable
- Flexibility to “roll up your sleeves” to ensure our customers’ needs are met
- The ability to anticipate new sales opportunities, including recognition of upselling opportunities
- IT skills (Excel including functions such as pivot tables, Outlook, Word, Powerpoint)
Please only email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date is 12th April 2019: please quote job reference MW0319.
If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We are always interested in hearing from world class talent to join us in us in the next stage of our growth. If you have a real passion for the passenger experience and want to be part of a global success story in aviation we’re ready to light the way for your success!
Send your CV to email@example.com
Due to the large number of applications we receive, unfortunately we are unable to respond by email or telephone to candidates on the progress of their application. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of submitting your CV, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.