Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates and Maintains STG Production Tests, Jigs and fixtures. Contribute to the overall performance and output requirements of the Production department. Be a key contributor in continuous improvement.
- Develop and Maintain all required supporting documentation in accordance with Production and Engineering and QA procedures. Supports reliability analysis and (Failure mode, effects, and criticality analysis) FMECA studies to STG Aerospace procedures
- Follows configuration management processes and identifies solutions where product or process falls short of such requirements.
- Supports all relevant Integration, and Qualification Activities.
- Contributes to component and equipment selection and definition in the STG Aerospace development tools. (e.g. Altium, Spice)
- Works with the Design team and provides support and advice towards Design for Manufacture (DfM) and Design for Test (DfT) to drive down costs and time to market.
- Supports and follows the Design & Development Processes and Procedures and completes all relevant checklists during the development of product solutions.
- Identifies and supports opportunities for the improvement of the engineering function as well as the wider business including the development of new procedures and artefacts when required.
- Supports the evaluation of CEM manufacturing processes applying knowledge of product design, assembly, testing, tooling and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; receiving and obtaining feedback and observations from operators.
- Potential for enrolment in the STG Graduate Scheme and further development within the STG organisation.
- HNC in Electrical, Electronic Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 6 months Experience of operating in a Production/Test Engineering environment, with responsibilities for delivery of complex electronic Products to schedule and quality against defined requirements.
- Basic understanding of Design for Manufacture (DfM) and Design for Test (DfT) techniques
- Basic ability of designing for circuits, unit design validation of components, sub-assemblies and Unit
- An understanding of the complete Engineering Development Lifecycle (concept to disposal) from Support the design team in requirements definition to Volume manufacturing.
- Ability to lead, take responsibility and ownership.
- Health & Safety compliance.
- English GCSE or equivalent (min Grade C)
- Intermediate level user of MS Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Strong numerical and verbal ability.
- Flexibility in dealing with changing priorities.
- Experience & understanding of QA and production processes in the aerospace electronics industry (static precautions, traceability, configuration control etc)
- Experience of regulated environments.
- Knowledge of AS9100 compliance and operating environment.
Communication: to be able to communicate clearly and with confidence to internal team members and other functional stakeholders.
Relationship building: to develop strong collaborative relations with staff and third parties.
Team working: to be able to support other team members and take instruction in company’s goals achieving the company’s goals.
Time management: to be able to effectively prioritise to achieve goals.
Thoroughness: to ensure own and others' work and information are complete and accurate; following up with others to ensure that commitments have been fulfilled.
Analytical thinking: to tackle problems in methodical, logical, systematic ways.
We are always interested in hearing from world class talent to join us in us in the next stage of our growth. If you have a real passion for the passenger experience and want to be part of a global success story in aviation we’re ready to light the way for your success!
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the large number of applications we receive, unfortunately we are unable to respond by email or telephone to candidates on the progress of their application. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of submitting your CV, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.