Bright ideas. Brilliant Solutions.
STG Aerospace is trusted by the Aerospace industry for emergency exit marking and cabin lighting solutions. Established in 1995, we have a strong heritage in the design, manufacture and certification of system solutions. Our lighting solutions are line-fit for most aircraft manufacturers (including Airbus, Boeing & Embraer) and are operating on over 10,000 aircraft with some 300 airlines worldwide.
Globally we are a growing SME, with our head office in Cwmbran, South Wales and an additional manufacturing facility in Miami, Florida.
As specialist aerospace manufacturer, we push the limits of design and problem solving, through international collaboration, trusted technical experience and a shared sense of purpose. At STG Aerospace YOU are how we excel. That’s The STG Way.
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary
- Performance related bonus
- 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
- Working Hours (unless specified) are 37.5 hours per week and Fridays 1pm close
- This role is open to flexible/hybrid working
- Pension Scheme
- Group Life Cover
- Employee Assistance Programme
Supply Chain Manager
The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for coordinating all activities involved with procuring goods and services. This position includes a wide range of duties and interactions between internal customers, departments, and suppliers. The successful candidate will possess good communication & interpersonal skills. They will be a team player who is able to liaise with others & build relationships. Good planning & organisational skills are key, with the ability to work to deadlines, multi-task and work under pressure.
The continued development of the Supply Chain team will be a key responsibility, ensuring appropriate departmental support for the Business Units with the procurement of development, project and product line materials. STG products include a broad variety of commodities including plastic injection/extrusions, electronics components and sub-assemblies as well as chemicals and coatings.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead, manage, and continue to develop the Supply Chain Team to meet the company’s needs.
- Reporting on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis against key performance indicators and general departmental status.
- Support the business in the sourcing of new suppliers / products.
- Identify and evaluate new suppliers to deliver the company’s 5-year technology and product roadmap.
- Provide supplier cost, delivery and risk analysis for all New Product Introduction activities.
- Provision of purchasing support to projects – supporting Project Managers and leaders to meet agreed objectives.
- Developing and maintaining sustainable, long-term relationships with suppliers.
- Placing and scheduling of purchase orders to meet the needs of the business and within agreed process (incl. AS9100).
- Ensuring on time delivery – managing suppliers to achieve this.
- Resolution of delivery and invoice queries with all suppliers.
- Sourcing suppliers and managing the approved vendor list
- Undertake performance evaluation of regular suppliers.
- Responsible for obtaining quotes and information from suppliers (RFQs and RFIs).
- Responsibility for the implementation of the obsolescence management procedure.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities.
- Monitor KPI’s regarding Supply Chain objectives.
- Support the Business Unit with all procurement demands - from quick turn prototyping to volume manufacture.
- Support the management of agreed stocking levels and control the cost efficiency of inward freight.
- MRP buying experience
- Ownership of commodity suppliers
- MS Office – Excel, Word and Outlook to advanced level essential
- Effective communication with co-workers, stakeholders, customers and suppliers in a professional manner
- Be able to multitask and work well under pressure
- Be able to effectively problem solve
- Have great organizational skills
- Can focus and pay good attention to details
- Experience using Microsoft Office and ERP systems
- Be curious, self-driven and motivated
- Be able to maintain business relationships and be open to feedback
- Able to prioritize tasks with emphasis on time management
Beneficial but not Essential
- Experience of CEM and electronic componentry marketplace
- Experience of extruded material suppliers
- Sage 200 ERP experience
What will help you succeed?
- Be driven by excellence and attention to detail
- Be energetic and creative
- Demonstrate a 'Can do' attitude
- Self-motivated and work well under pressure to meet deadlines
- Be flexible and work as part of a team.
Everything we do, we do with our people in mind. We raise funds for our charity partner Orbis, have wellbeing champions across the business and recognition awards to celebrate those that live our values, The STG Way. We are STG Aerospace. Join us!
We are always interested in hearing from world class talent to join us in us in the next stage of our growth. If you have a real passion for the passenger experience and want to be part of a global success story in aviation we’re ready to light the way for your success!
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the large number of applications we receive, unfortunately we are unable to respond by email or telephone to candidates on the progress of their application. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of submitting your CV, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.